As a Live-in Care Assistant, you would provide personalised care and companionship for one client in their own home, living with them for a minimum of a week at a time.
If you enjoy helping people, are passionate about working in partnership with clients and their families, and are reliable and professional, we’d love to hear from you.
What is Live-in Care?
Our Live-in Carers help our clients stay independent at home by providing companionship, meal preparation, medication administration and personal care, living with their clients for a minimum of a week at a time.
We can offer both flexible placements, and guaranteed income through our On-Call System. Our placements are for a minimum of one week, and often for two to three weeks, but are flexible depending on the Client’s and Carer’s wishes.
About Good Oaks Live-in Care
We are recruiting for our National Live-in Carer Pool, which means that by applying to us, you are effectively applying to 15 (and counting!) other locations.
This means that placements will be available in many parts of the country, but with a particular focus around our HQ, of Dorset and Hampshire.
Good Oaks is an owner-led, 100% carbon neutral premium care provider, with a mission to be "the go-to provider of quality care at home by valuing, developing and rewarding the caring people who work with us.
Why join us?
- Daily pay rates of at least £100 per day
- Flexible working patterns
- Optional On-Call System paying £250 per week on your week off
- We are the central team for a network of 15 and counting offices, so if you join us, you join 15 other offices across the country, meaning we can provide more reliable work than single providers.
- Pension contributions and employment status
- Food provided by clients or weekly food allowance
- Travel expenses provided up to £40 per return journey for placements
- Supportive, proactive and understanding management
- Free training and arranged, paid accommodation for training
- Market-leading Employment Package – paid volunteer days, funding for courses, and our annual million step challenge
- Opportunities to study for a Level 2 or 3 QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care
What is required as a Live In Carer?
- To be willing to do a criminal record check (at no additional cost to you), or have a Recent or Updated Enhanced DBS Check.
- To have good verbal and written communication, as companionship and conversation is an important part of the role.
- Prior experience in the care sector (but not necessarily Live-in Care) You may have worked as a domiciliary carer, care assistant, support worker, healthcare assistant or similar
- To be caring, kind and compassionate
- To manage the home as much as required, possibly including cleaning, shopping and cooking.
If you feel you can make a real difference and want to join our team then please click apply and our recruitment team will be in touch shortly.