Employer: Good Oaks Home Care Ltd
Location: Poole / working from home / travel across country
Salary: £38,890 - £44,503p/a
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
What are we looking for?
As part of an exciting new service development, Good Oaks Home Care is working in partnership with the charity Dementia UK to provide a new Admiral Nursing post focused on supporting families affected by dementia.
Admiral Nurses are specialist dementia nurses who offer expert practical, clinical and emotional support to families involved in the care of a person with dementia with complex needs.
We are looking for an exceptional, registered (adult / mental health / learning disability) nurse with a passion for, and significant experience of, providing person-centred and relationship-centred dementia care. Combining direct work with families with supporting the best practice of health and social care professionals, you will call upon your impressive knowledge of bio-psychosocial interventions to improve the experience of carers / families affected by dementia.
It is anticipated that the majority of support will be offered online and over the phone. The service will focus specifically on building the knowledge, skills and confidence of professional carers and the wider family to carry on caring for the person living with dementia in their home environment for as long as possible. The Admiral Nurse will act as an internal specialist resource, supporting the best practice of those involved in the care of the family affected by dementia. The service will operate collaboratively between Dementia UK and Good Oaks Home Care Ltd.
The Admiral Nurse will provide additional support to that already offered by Good Oaks care staff and will:
- Support the best practice of care staff through advice and role modelling, especially as the needs of the family become more complex
- Support the best practice of franchise owners, including offering training around dementia care
- Provide therapeutic support to families with the most complex needs, working directly with a small number of carers on a needs-led basis
- Provide consultancy work around development of policies and processes that will improve the quality of practice, and deliver specific training on topics such as positive risk management.
Dementia UK will support you to maintain and strengthen your clinical expertise as a specialist nurse through regular clinical supervision and practice and professional development. You’ll become part of a network of Admiral Nurses, and will have the opportunity to access relevant post-graduate courses and develop professionally, informed by the Admiral Nurse Competency Framework.
- Employment perks and benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working
- Award winning Visiting and Live-In Home Care provider
- Be the part of something new, this is a brand new opportunity for our business
Want to find out more before applying?
If you are interested in the Admiral Nurse posts and would like to find out more, please contact Rachel Johnstone, Dementia UK on 07876 442923.