Team leader - Senior care staff
Due to continued company growth, Good Oaks Mid-Sussex is looking for a team leader with guaranteed hours contract to join our friendly and valued team.
As the team leader, you will be the go-to go person who will get in touch with all our clients at their homes and with our lovely carers who are doing their best to take care of the clients. Your main duty will be to maintain a good relationship with all of them and supervise the care they receive from our care staff. Being a team-leader, you will create a role-model by leading and supervising our team of carers by working alongside them and completing regular staff assessments in clients’ homes.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all our clients, ensuring that safe, professional, and efficient service is offered for them.
- Monitor the client’s wellbeing, medication needs and liaise with multidisciplinary teams
- Mentoring the care team: advising them and helping them when needed
Taking part in the on-call route: 2 weeks every month where you will be answering phone calls and giving advice for care staff and clients and their families out office hours and weekends for an extra payment.
- Promote the professional image of the company and services through appropriate behavior, excellent communication, and professional appearance.
- Paid induction training, £150.00
for 3 days training
- Paid shadowing shifts at a flat rate
Guaranteed hours contract, that can be topped up with doing care visits in the community
- Company phone/tablet and laptop provided
- Uniform provided
- Career Progression through an innovative team structure
- Common-sense, supportive management
- Paid mileage, holiday pay, and bonus system
We are looking for you if you have:
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Empathy and the skills to lead others
- Adequate IT skills
- Good phone manners
- The ability to resolve problems in a professional manner
- If you have a natural ability to help, make the lives of others more fulfilling
- If you want to work in an environment where the work can be hard, but also fun and rewarding.
Experience is desirable, as is NVQ/QCF 2 in Health and Social Care, but not essential. DBS check (paid by us) and two references will be required for this role.
At Good Oaks, our mission is: “To be the go-to provider of quality care at home by valuing, developing, and rewarding the caring people who work with us.”
A driving license and full use of own vehicle are required for this position.
If you're reliable, naturally caring, and passionate about providing great, person-centered care we'd love to hear from you!
We offer for all members of staff full PPE all the time and 24/7 phone support and free access to the company "wellbeing" program.